Defined benefit super scheme
Unlock three decades of specialist public service expertise
Dixon Advisory has an established reputation for providing expert advice on public service superannuation and pension schemes including:
- CSS (Commonwealth Superannuation Scheme)
- PSS (Public Sector Superannuation Scheme)
- DFRDB (Defence Force Retirement and Death Benefits Scheme)
- MSBS (Military Benefits and Superannuation Scheme)
- SSS (State Super Scheme)
- SASS (State Authorities Super Scheme)
- ESSS (Emergency Services and State Super) – ESSS Revised Scheme, ESSS New Scheme, ESSS Defined Benefit
- defined benefit super schemes from corporate entities including UniSuper, Telstra and Qantas.
Let us help you manage your defined benefit scheme
If you are a member of a defined benefit super scheme, we can help you to:
- select the most appropriate level of contributions while maintaining cash flow.
- understand your benefit entitlements and make the right choice in respect to objectives, cash flow, tax implications, superannuation structures and personal needs.
- navigate the tax impacts while contributing as well as in retirement.
- assess the different options available with a redundancy offer, including reviewing future work intentions, tax considerations and your overall financial position.
- align your defined benefit scheme with your other retirement savings.
Maximise your public service redundancy package
If you are retrenched under a public service superannuation structure, our specialist financial advisers can guide you to maximise redundancy payments through advice on:
- available options when accepting a redundancy
- what to do with redundancy and leave payments, including paying down debt and investing in superannuation
- optimal tax treatment of your redundancy and leave payments
- the impact of redundancy on your overall financial position, including the option to retire
- broader financial strategies to meet your retirement goals.