Daryl Dixon on Nightlife with Tony Delroy – 26 February 2013
Share prices and investor confidence, interest rates, the effect of the Italian election on stock markets and possible returns for super funds this year were among the wide range of topics Dixon Advisory Executive Chairman Daryl Dixon covered in his latest interview with Tony Delroy on ABC radio’s Nightlife.
Daryl also discussed the state of the super industry, improvements relating to fees, the flexibility provided by self managed super funds and inequities in the payment of benefits under the UniSuper scheme. He talked about the importance of viewing super as a long-term commitment and choosing the appropriate investment option to meet your circumstances.
Following the discussion, Daryl took calls on a variety of topics including:
- the fact there is no limit on the tax deduction for negative gearing compared with the $25,000 p.a. limit for tax deductions on super contributions
- options within CSS and PSS defined benefit schemes
- whether to salary sacrifice into super or focus on paying off the mortgage at a young age
- new rules for the provision of financial advice
- consolidating super funds.
Listen to the full interview and discussion with callers which took place on 26 February 2013. It runs for about 40 minutes.