Selling your home?
Consider contributing to super.
Learn how – book your complimentary consult* today
An opportunity for eligible Australians aged 65 and older to contribute up to $300,000 into their super account from the sale of the family home. There are a number of important rules and potential issues regarding the downsizing provision that must be comprehensively explored before proceeding.
- The sale of the family home must have taken place after 1 July 2018
- The family home must have been held for 10 years or more, prior to sale
- Relevant if you’re over the age of 65 and looking to sell your family home
- The contribution must be made within 90 days of receiving the sale proceeds
- Those who have already reached $1.6m total super balance are still eligible
- A couple can each contribute $300,000 into their respective super accounts
- You’re not required to purchase a new home if you use the provision
- Downsizing under this provision may impact Centrelink and/or DVA benefits
If you think that the downsizing provision could benefit you, we are offering a complimentary consultation with one of our financial experts so that you can better understand how the provision works.
Why we’re the trusted SMSF experts
- Award-winning support which lets you retain control
- Global investment insights from our Investment Committee
- Tailored advice and dedicated administration support
- Education and events to empower your decision-making
- Access to investment research, accounting and legal teams.
"We believe the value of money is the freedom it provides."
Daryl Dixon, Executive Chairman, Dixon Advisory
The combined experience of our Investment Committee.
Our legacy of providing fee-for-service financial advice.
The number of SMSF members we support.
Australian families who have benefited from our financial expertise over the past 30 years.
We assist trustees to invest $7 billion in capital.
Alongside our clients, our employees and their families and friends invest $250 million.