Considering an SMSF?
Are you looking to take control of your retirement through super?
More than a million Australians have invested hundreds of billions of dollars into self managed super funds (SMSFs)1 to take control of their retirement. They have chosen to manage their super today to make their own decisions and optimise the choices they will have in retirement.
Key reasons why you might choose to establish an SMSF
In our experience, SMSFs are popular with Australian investors who are seeking:
- Choice – to access a wide range of investment options.
- Control – to pool family assets, make active decisions to grow wealth for retirement and build a strategy for their beneficiaries and their own later years.
- Flexibility – to change investments and the structure of their super as needed, and to implement effective tax strategies.
- Transparency – to have greater visibility over how their investments are tracking.
Match your super investments to your retirement goals
Everyone’s plan for retirement is personal, and that’s why investment goals and attitudes towards risk are also different. Depending on your individual circumstances and requirements, an SMSF could be an effective way to build wealth for retirement. The flexibility of an SMSF could give you greater control over your own investment decisions and tailor your super to support your own retirement objectives.
- Is an individual or corporate SMSF trustee structure right for you?
- Are there any super or tax strategies you haven’t yet considered?
- How to navigate the complexities of succession planning for your SMSF as a broader part of your estate planning arrangements?.
It’s also important to note that we generally recommend clients have a minimum of $300,000 in combined retirement assets before considering setting up an SMSF.
Discover the benefits of an award-winning supported SMSF service
In 2018, we are proud to have been recognised as an ABA100 Winner for service excellence in The Australian Business Awards.
By joining more than 8,000 members who have taken advantage of our supported service, you too can enjoy accounting, administration, compliance and investment support, in addition to a suite of financial advisory services designed to complement SMSF structures. Our highly qualified experts have been providing specialist advice for more than 30 years and are today widely recognised as both pioneers and industry leaders in the SMSF sector.