Considering an SMSF?
Are you looking to take control of your super for retirement?
Almost 1.1 million Australians have invested more than $575 billion into self managed super funds (SMSFs)1 to take control of their retirement. They have chosen to manage their super today in order to make their own decisions and optimise the choices they will have in retirement.
Key reasons why Australians are choosing to establish an SMSF
In our experience, SMSFs are popular with Australian investors who are seeking:
- Choice – to access a wide range of investment options.
- Control – to pool family assets, make active decisions to grow wealth for retirement and build a strategy for their beneficiaries and their own later years.
- Flexibility – to change investments and the structure of their super as needed, and to implement effective tax strategies.
- Transparency – to have greater visibility over how their investments are tracking.
Match your super investments to your retirement goals
Everyone’s plan for retirement is personal, and that’s why investment goals and attitudes towards risk are also very different. For this reason, an SMSF can be an ideal way to build wealth for retirement. The flexibility of an SMSF gives you control over your own investment decisions and allows you to tailor your super to support your own retirement objectives.
Self managed super and you
- Is an individual or corporate SMSF trustee structure right for you?
- Are there any super or tax strategies you haven’t yet considered?
- How to navigate the complexities of succession planning, so that your estate is distributed according to your wishes when you die.
It’s also important to note, that we generally recommend clients have a minimum of $300,000 in combined retirement assets before considering setting up an SMSF.
Discover our award-winning supported SMSF service
At Dixon Advisory, we deliver a supported SMSF service to more than 8,000 trustees. We offer accounting, administration, compliance and investment support in addition to a suite of financial advisory services designed to complement SMSF structures. Our highly qualified experts have been providing specialist advice and SMSF administrative services for more than 30 years and are today widely recognised as industry leaders.
In 2017, we are proud to have been awarded an Australian Business Award for Service Excellence. We are also proud to be associated with New Energy Solar (a business in the Dixon Advisory Group) which has been recognised as an Australian Business Award winner for Eco Innovation.